Uber is a popular transportation option in Cleveland. It is common for people to use the ridesharing service after a night out, for transportation to and from important events, and to run errands. It is possible, however, for Uber vehicles to be involved in serious accidents, resulting in severe injuries and monetary losses.
If you were injured while riding in an Uber, the attorneys at Bashein & Bashein Company, L.P.A. can help. Our Cleveland Uber accident lawyers can guide you through the litigation process and recover the compensation that you deserve, contact us today to schedule a free consultation.
Why Choose the Uber Accident Attorneys at Bashein & Bashein?
- Our firm has helped victims of accidents and negligence since 1948. You can trust us to represent your injury claim and secure a fair settlement on your behalf.
- We maintain a case success rate of over 99% and have secured millions for our clients. Our attorneys will always put your best interests first.
- Our Cleveland personal injury attorneys have received numerous awards recognizing our record of excellence. We have been named as one of the top 10 lawyers in Ohio and the top 5 attorneys in Cleveland.
Uber Drivers Can Cause Serious Collisions
While Uber may position itself as a safe transportation option, accidents involving these vehicles occur every year. Some of these accidents are caused by other drivers, but in many situations, the Uber driver himself or herself is at fault.
There are many ways that an Uber driver can cause an accident, such as:
- Running a red light
- Driving over the speed limit
- Changing lanes erratically
- Failure to obey the right of way
- Failure to follow traffic signs
- Driving while distracted
- Driving while under the influence
Your Options for Compensation After an Ohio Uber Accident
From medical bills to property repairs, Uber accidents can result in serious financial losses. If you are involved in a collision with a rideshare vehicle, you have the right to pursue compensation to help pay for these expenses, as well as any pain and suffering that you experienced.
You have multiple options for financial recovery, depending on the cause of your accident:
- If the Uber Driver Caused the Accident and Wasn’t Logged into the App: You can file an insurance claim or lawsuit against the Uber driver directly. You would need to file a claim against the driver’s private insurance, as Uber won’t provide coverage in these situations.
- If the Uber Driver Caused the Accident and Was Logged into the App: You have the right to pursue a claim against Uber’s insurance policy for drivers. You receive different levels of coverage based on whether a driver had a passenger in the vehicle or was on the way to pick one up.
- If Another Driver Caused the Accident: You can file an insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit against the third-party driver directly.
At Bashein & Bashein, our Cleveland Uber accident attorney can assess your situation and help you understand your legal options. Then, we can help you take your first steps toward filing the appropriate claim and recovering the settlement that you deserve.
Injured by an Uber Driver? Contact Bashein & Bashein Today
If you were involved in an Uber accident, the attorneys at Bashein & Bashein can help. Our firm can help you identify your optimal path to compensation and secure the settlement that you deserve.
Contact us to schedule a free consultation with a Cleveland Uber accident attorney. You can request a meeting by completing our online form or by calling our offices at (216) 771-3239 or toll-free at (800) 771-4457.