Experienced Brain Injury Representation In Cleveland
Vehicles, homes and other objects can be replaced if they are damaged in an accident. But you only have one brain, and brain injuries can change people’s lives in the blink of an eye. If you or a loved one has suffered a traumatic brain injury, it is important to discuss your rights with an experienced personal injury attorney capable of securing the full compensation you are entitled to.
At the law firm of Bashein & Bashein in Cleveland, we have been representing individuals and families throughout Ohio since 1949. Brain injury cases are among the most challenging in injury law, and we are one of the few firms in the area with the experience and resources to effectively handle these cases.
In brain injury cases, experience matters. Our attorneys have extensive experience handling traumatic brain injury claims in Ohio. To schedule your free initial consultation with a lawyer, contact our firm today.
Why Choose the Brain Injury Lawyers at Bashein & Bashein?
- Since 1948, our attorneys have represented injured people in Ohio, including victims of brain injuries. We have recovered millions of dollars on behalf of our clients.
- A brain injury can have a devastating impact on your life, and you deserve fair and full compensation for your damages. Our lawyers will explore all potential avenues to recovery and advocate aggressively for the highest possible settlement.
- We understand how severe and limiting a brain injury can be. Our attorneys will support you throughout your case and will be available to answer any questions that you may have.
Causes Of Brain Injuries
A brain injury usually consists of the tearing or bruising of brain tissue. This can take the form of a closed head injury when a person’s strikes a hard object. However, brain injuries can also occur from the brain moving inside the skull as a result of violent movement. There are many dangerous incidents and hazards that could lead to a TBI, including:
- Falling objects
- Motor vehicle collisions
- Slip and fall accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Truck accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Acts of violence, such as gunshot wounds
- Sports injuries
Regardless of how it was caused, traumatic brain injuries (TBI) are devastating for their victims. Brain injuries can lead to several serious complications, including persistent headaches, seizures, infections, and coma. Victims may also experience impairments to critical functions like memory, speech, learning, concentration, and motor skills.
Legal Options for Brain Injury Victims in Cleveland, OH
If you suffer a brain injury, you can experience devastating losses and consequences. You will require extensive medical care to stabilize your condition and treat any complications that you may have developed. The injury can have a major impact on your physical health and emotional well-being. If someone else is responsible for your brain injury, you deserve to hold him or her accountable.
Depending on the cause of your brain injury, you could pursue a personal injury lawsuit, insurance claim, or workers’ compensation claim. All three of these pathways provide an avenue to financial compensation, helping pay for medical expenses, lost wages, and other damages.
- Personal Injury Lawsuits: If someone else’s actions caused the accident that led to your brain injury, you could file a lawsuit against the at-fault party. To recover a settlement in your lawsuit, you’ll need to prove that the defendant directly caused your brain injury and resulting damages.
- Insurance Claims: In some cases, the accident that led to your brain injury is covered by an insurance policy, such as a car accident or injury on someone else’s property. You can pursue an insurance claim in this situation, but keep in mind that the at-fault party’s policy may limit your settlement.
- Workers’ Compensation Claims: If you suffered a brain injury after a workplace accident, you are likely eligible for a workers’ compensation claim. Workers’ comp pays benefits for injuries that occur on the job, regardless of fault or negligence.
What Are You Entitled To For Your TBI?
If someone’s negligence caused the accident which caused your brain injury, you could be entitled to compensation for medical bills, lost wages, rehabilitation costs and more. We handle a variety of brain injury claims stemming from:
Even if you don’t currently show any signs of brain injury after an accident, it is important to seek medical treatment to determine if your brain has been hurt. In many cases, brain injury symptoms don’t show up right away.
If you think you have suffered a brain injury as a result of negligence, contact Bashein & Bashein today.
Benefits of Hiring a Lawyer for Your Ohio Brain Injury Claim
Brain injury lawsuits can be complex. These cases often require significant medical evidence, deep knowledge of personal injury law, and experience navigating the Cleveland court system. If you plan on pursuing this type of lawsuit, you need an attorney who can fight for your best interests.
A Cleveland personal injury attorney who specializes in TBI cases can provide you with the skills, knowledge, and resources necessary to navigate the legal process. At Bashein & Bashein, our lawyers can support your case in several important ways:
- Your Attorney Is a Professional: Your lawyer can provide you with an objective opinion on your case and clearly explain your options for compensation. Brain injuries can be very traumatic, so having a professional perspective is essential for pursuing litigation.
- Your Lawyer Can Help You Avoid Common Mistakes: Lawsuits involve lots of paperwork and adherence to complex court procedures. Your attorney will be familiar with the work associated with filing a brain injury claim and can ensure that your case meets these requirements—avoiding common errors that could delay your claim.
- Your Attorney Can Connect You with Expert Witnesses: In a brain injury lawsuit, expert witnesses can go a long way in establishing your right to compensation. Your attorney can connect you with medical professionals who can evaluate your condition, testify on your behalf, and determine the cost of your future medical needs. Your lawyer can also connect you with accident reconstruction specialists, life care planners, and other experts as needed.
- Your Lawyer Can Help You Maintain Peace of Mind: Brain injuries are painful and have a devastating impact on your life, from financial hardship to psychological distress. Your lawyer can provide you with valuable support and advice during the process and handle your legal affairs on your behalf.
- Your Attorney Can Recover Maximum Compensation: It can be difficult to determine the full value of your brain injury claim. Your lawyer will explore all potential avenues of compensation and accurately calculate your potential settlement. If you are offered a lower amount of compensation than you deserve, your lawyer can negotiate aggressively for a higher award.
How Long Do You Have to File a TBI Lawsuit?
In Ohio, personal injury lawsuits are subject to a law known as the statute of limitations. This rule sets a time limit for filing these types of claims. If you do not file your lawsuit within the appropriate time frame, the court will probably dismiss your case. You cannot recover compensation if your case is dismissed, so it is important to pay attention to these laws.
For brain injury lawsuits, you will need to file your claim within two years from the date of your accident. There are some exceptions to this rule, such as if the defendant leaves the state of Ohio or you do not discover the injury until later. Your attorney from Bashein & Bashein can evaluate your case and help identify your appropriate filing deadline.
Have You Suffered a Brain Injury? Contact Bashein & Bashein
Brain injuries are incredibly serious and can have devastating impacts on your life. If you suffered traumatic brain damage due to the actions of another person, you may be entitled to financial compensation. At Bashein & Bashein, our Cleveland TBI attorneys can fight for your right to justice.
Schedule your free consultation with a brain injury attorney and learn more about your legal options. You can contact us online or by calling us at (216) 771-3239 or toll-free at (800) 771-4457.