- Managing Partner
W. Craig Bashein, managing partner of Bashein & Bashein Company, L.P.A., joined the firm in 1986. Craig's practice areas include personal injury litigation, commercial litigation, products liability, automobile accidents, employment, civil rights, insurance law and appellate practice.
Craig was admitted to practice law in the state of Ohio in 1986; the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio in 1986; the Sixth U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in 1998; and the Supreme Court of the United States in 1999.
Craig is credited with obtaining a landmark decision for Ohio families in the Ohio Supreme Court case Rolf vs. Tri-State Motor, where the court for the first time recognized the right of adult children to seek damages for injuries to their parents. He was recognized as one of Ohio's Top 10 attorneys in 2001 by Ohio Lawyers Weekly, a statewide publication.
Born in Cleveland, Craig attended The Ohio State University and received his Bachelor of Arts in 1983, and his Juris Doctor in 1986. At Ohio State, he was recognized as a member of the Order of the Coif and a recipient of the American Jurisprudence Award for Excellence in the Study of Law.
Craig is board certified in civil trial advocacy by the National Board of Trial Advocacy and has tried well over 100 jury trials in his career. He is a member of the Cleveland and Ohio State Bar Associations, the Ohio Academy of Trial Lawyers, the American Association for Justice and the Cleveland Academy of Trial Lawyers, where he is also a member of the board of trustees.
An active member of the community, Craig recently retired as president of the board of Family Transitional Housing, Inc., a not-for-profit organization that helps homeless individuals and their families. He currently serves on the boards of several nonprofits including the Cleveland Baseball Federation and First Tee of Cleveland. He is an active member of St. Andrews Eastern Orthodox Church. He lives in Bentleyville, Ohio, with his wife and three children.
Areas Of Practice
- Employment Law -- Employee
- Litigation & Appeals
- Motor Vehicle Accidents -- Plaintiff
- Personal Injury -- Plaintiff
- Products Liability Law
- Workers' Compensation Law
Certified Legal Specialties
- Board Certified in Civil Trial Advocacy, National Board of Trial Advocacy
- Ohio, 1986
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Ohio, 1986
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 1998
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1999
- The Ohio State University College of Law, Columbus, Ohio
- J.D. - 1986
- Honors: Order of the Coif
- Honors: American Jurisprudence Award for Excellence in the Study of Law
- Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio
- B.A. - 1983
- Rolf vs. Tri-State Motor
Honors and Awards
- Ohio's Top 10 attorneys, Ohio Lawyers Weekly, Statewide Publication
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Cleveland State Bar Association, Member
- Ohio State Bar Association, Member
- Ohio Academy of Trial Lawyers, Member
- American Association for Justice, Member
- Cleveland Academy of Trial Lawyers, Member of Board of Trustees
Pro Bono Activities
- President of the Board of Family Transitional Housing, Inc.
- Cleveland Baseball Federation
- First Tee of Cleveland
- Active Member of St. Andrews Eastern Orthodox Church