In life, losing a loved one is one of the most difficult experiences. In cases where someone else is responsible for the death, the grief can be even more intense. If you lost a loved one because of the actions of another person, the attorneys at Bashein & Bashein Company, L.P.A. can help your family seek justice.
With the help of our Akron wrongful death lawyers, your family can bring a lawsuit against the at-fault party and hold him or her accountable. You can depend on our firm to aggressively fight for your loved one’s recovery and guide you through every step of the litigation process. Contact us to speak with an Akron wrongful death attorney today.
Why Choose the Wrongful Death Lawyers at Bashein & Bashein?
- Our firm strives for excellence in every claim that we represent. We maintain a case success rate of over 99% and have recovered millions of dollars for our clients.
- Our lawyers have over 20 years of legal experience and will leverage the full power of our firm’s skills and resources to craft a compelling case in your loved one’s favor.
- Our attorneys know how difficult a sudden loss can be. From consultation to settlement, we will provide your family with the support and understanding that you deserve.
What Is a Wrongful Death?
According to Section 2125.01 of the Ohio Revised Code, a wrongful death occurs when a person dies as a result of the wrongful act, neglect, or default of another person. If the victim had survived the accident, he or she would have been entitled to file a personal injury lawsuit against the at-fault party.
Many incidents could qualify as wrongful death, such as the following:
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Accidents due to property hazards
- Medical malpractice
- Intentional acts like assaults
- Motorcycle collisions
- Truck accidents
- Defective products
If you are unsure whether your loved one’s case qualifies for wrongful death litigation, you need to speak with a lawyer at Bashein & Bashein. We can evaluate your case and help your family understand your legal options.
Who Is Eligible to File a Wrongful Death Lawsuit in Ohio?
Because the victim is no longer alive to advocate for himself or herself, there are strict rules regarding who can file a wrongful death on behalf of a deceased person. In Ohio, this person must be the personal representative or executor of the deceased’s estate. Usually, this representative is named in the deceased’s will; if the deceased did not leave a will behind, the court can appoint an executor on his or her behalf.
How an Attorney Can Help Your Family’s Wrongful Death Claim
Wrongful death lawsuits can be complex and emotional. In these situations, you need an attorney on your side who can guide you and your family through the process. At Bashein & Bashein, our lawyers can provide several benefits and services for your case, such as:
- Knowledge of wrongful death law
- Experience working in the Akron court system
- The ability to negotiate on your behalf
- The ability to calculate your family’s award
- Access to experts who can testify in your case
Contact an Akron Wrongful Death Attorney Today
If you lost your loved one due to the actions of another person, the liable party deserves to be held accountable. Trust Akron wrongful death lawyers at Bashein & Bashein to fight for your right to justice. Contact us today to schedule a free case consultation and strategize your next steps.